Monday, July 30, 2007

Memories for Sale--Beautiful Flight Jacket on eBay

The owner of this jacket, Lt. W. C. Norris, was a B-17 pilot with the 379th Bomb Group.


Another example of the selling of legacies and memories is to be found on eBay today, a beautiful officer's leather jacket, one of the nicer ones I've seen, with an incredible amount of painting done to it. A real classic.

I have notified the 379th Bomb Group by email and hope they get the message before the auction ends.


The bidding is at over $1,700 currently. It will go to some rich collector or investor. Who owned it? How did the current owner get it? If it's from his family, why is he selling it?


I hope somebody from the bomb group he flew with sees the auction, passes the hat, and buys this for the group museum.


Check this jacket out at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130136261036&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My goodness, and they're selling the crusher hat too!

This definitely belongs in a museum or in the family's hands.

I'd buy it and donate it to a museum if I had the $$.

r morris said...

Me, too.
Sad.