Sunday, July 22, 2007

Book Review: Dewayne 'Ben' Bennett Offers Signed Copies

My friend Dewayne 'Ben' Bennett, former B-17 pilot and active historian who still leads visitors on tours down at the Pima, Arizona Air Museum, has a book for sale that I highly recommend. Ben has a great sense of humor and tells the story of how an Iowa farm boy ended up piloting a four-engine bomber over Europe. You can purchase the book on the 384th Bomb Group website or I also noticed today that Ben is offering one on eBay for a bargain.



Stories of a B-17 Bomber Pilot by Dewayne "Ben" Bennett


In Ben's own words:
"I flew combat in the 384th bombardment group in the 545th squadron out of Grafton Underwood, England. Some of these stories have added humor and some reflect the true combat situations. My name is Dewayne “Ben” Bennett and I’m the author of this little endeavor for which I’m very proud. I became known and answer to the name of “The Squawkin’ Chicken Skipper” because the name of our B-17 airplane was the “Squawkin Chicken.” Along with my crew we flew 31 combat missions over the war-torn countries of Germany, France, Belgium, Holland, and Poland. Thankfully we all survived. This little book is 6 by 9 inches, contains 93 pages and is a paperback. We will personalize it to you or a friend before we send it out. If you have any questions please send me an e-mail and I’ll answer it immediately. "


For price and availability, contact: Dewayne "Ben" Bennett (Clicking on Ben's hyperlinked name will put you in touch with him)


Ben currently has a book up for auction on eBay. He'll sign and personalize it to boot. The eBay auction is at http://cgi.ebay.com/STORIES-OF-A-B-17-PILOT_W0QQitemZ200130424838QQihZ010QQcategoryZ4717QQcmdZViewItem


Here is your chance to pick up a little piece of aviation history by a great man and a living legend.


The painting below is of Ben's plane. I featured it in a recent post.

No comments: