Sunday, July 8, 2007

Today's Air Corps Artifact

Headphones, officer's crusher and officer's sunglasses.

I just spent several hours tidying up and re-arranging my 'Air Corps' room. This room is a mini-museum filled with artifacts that I lug around to presentations and signings. I took a few large items to the book signing last night. Kids like to try on the gunner gloves or look at the airplane models.

The collection has taken many years and consists mostly of donations from veteran friends or the children of veterans. At such point as I can no longer take care of it, I plan to donate the items to the 95th, 100th and 390th Bomb Groups, as most of the items come from these three groups.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Morris, It's all a bit strange this communicating with strangers over the internet business but I guess I'm going to have to adapt. My name's Matthew. I have a men's clothing label and I'm interested in the sunglasses you have featured on this post - the green lensed pilot's glasses. I wonder if I could pick you brains? Our website link is attached below. As you'll see, we based the last collection on the Teddy's, Mods, Rockers, etc. This season we wanted to work in a similar way with Dictators and politicians. Please could you contact me by e-mail on matt.grey@socialsuicide.co.uk. Many thanks.